From MCLS Wiki
Reservations can only be created by staff members. There are a couple of ways to initiate a reservation:
- From the patron record
- Using the Booking module
Using the patron’s record to create a reservation
- 1. Retrieve a patron record. Click on the Other button at the top right of the screen. Select Booking. The Booking option will allow you to Create or Cancel Reservations, Pick Up Reservations or Return Reservations. Select Create or Cancel Reservations.
- 2. A new Reservations tab will open. Under Choose a Bookable Resource Type, there are two options, you can select the type of resource you want to reserve - if you don't care what specific resource is chosen - or you can enter in the barcode of the resource in the box. Simply choosing a resource type will filter out unavailable resources after you pick the dates the resource is to be reserved for (the next step). Choose a resource type and click on the Next button. [Note: Any existing reservations for the patron will be listed in the bottom half of the screen]
- 3. The Reservations screen will refresh and you can choose a pick-up location from the drop-down menu and select dates for the reservation. Select the resource on the left and select a pick-up location next to Choose the pickup library for this reservation. Choose dates for the resource to be reserved. [Note: The Reserve Any button allows staff to reserve the first available resource in the list]
- 4. Click on the Reserve Selected button. A window will pop-up with the message: “Created 1 reservation(s)” Click on the OK button.
- 5. The screen will refresh with new reservation listed under Existing reservations for…. The reservation has been successfully created.
Using the booking module to create a reservation
- 1. Click on the Booking menu at the top of the screen and select Create Reservations.
- 2. Select the type of resource you want to reserve. Click on the Next button.
- 3. Select the resource, enter in the patron’s barcode, and choose a pickup location. Choose dates for the reservation of the resource.
- 4. Click on the Reserve Selected button. A window will pop up with the message: “Created 1 reservation(s)” Click on the OK button.
- 5. The screen will refresh with new reservation listed under Existing reservations for…