MeLCat Statewide Catalog
The MeLCat Statewide Catalog is a centralized union catalog with up-to-date holdings from all participating libraries.
Who's in MeLCat now? Please see Participating MeLCat Libraries.
- Library participation is voluntary
- Holdings are updated frequently
- Libraries’ holdings for the same title are brought together
- Holdings regardless of the library automation system used by the participating libraries
- Records for statewide licensed resources
- EBSCO ebooks
- Full-text journals
- Holdings of unautomated libraries
- Book reviews, tables of contents and cover art, when possible
MeLCat does not replace a local integrated library system (ILS).
New libraries are added regularly. If all Michigan's libraries participate, MeLCat could grow to more than 12 million unique titles with more than 48 million items, including books, CDs, videos, DVDs and other library materials.
If your library would like to join MeLCat see Participation.
This project is made possible by grant funds from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) administered by the State of Michigan through the Library of Michigan.
Additional funding provided by the State of Michigan.