Contact Member Services
is a web-based service that enables libraries to circulate a collection of popular downloadable eBooks, audio books, and video over the Internet. OverDrive has been engineered to integrate with existing automation systems from leading vendors including Dynix ILS and Horizon, Sirsi Unicorn® Library Management System and DRA Classic, and Innovative Interfaces. OCLC MARC records are available. For more information visit www.overdrive.com
Several features make OverDrive digital books a convenient resource for on-the-go patrons:
- Digital media may be accessed online from any computer connected to the Internet
- Available 24/7
- Software – Adobe Digital Editions, OverDrive Media Console, Windows Media Player, MobiPocket Reader
- Accessible by PC or Mac, PDA, SmartPhone, iPod®, and other MP3 players
Digital Library Reserve
Designed for remote use by public library patrons, OverDrive's Digital Library Reserve lets library coops establish a shared, growing, collection of eBooks, audio books, and videos, powered by OverDrive.
With Digital Library Reserve:
- Content purchased by the group is added to the collection, and consists of best-selling titles from over 150 publishers including genre fiction, popular nonfiction, best sellers, test preparation books, and Cliffs Notes, with formats including Large Type and Foreign Languages.
- eBooks are available for download to a PC, Mac, or supported PDA.
- Downloadable audiobooks can be enjoyed on a PC/laptop or Mac, burned to CD, or transferred to hundreds of portable devices, including MP3 players, iPod, and Smartphones. Patrons download and enjoy their selection anytime, anywhere via the web, so the process is virtually hands free for library staff.
- Downloadable Video titles are digitally-protected video files that have been optimized for download. OverDrive Video titles are built using the Microsoft® Windows Media Video format, which enhances the quality for desktop viewing and portable device use.
- Digital media may be checked out for a limited period of time, downloaded to the patron's portable device and are automatically returned to the collection when the checkout time expires. The library does not need to purchase any additional equipment to provide this remote service to patrons.
- Statistics and reports are available to all participating libraries. OverDrive provides training and marketing materials for all participants.
Contact MCLS Member Services
for a price quote.
Current MCLS Digital Libraries members: see the MCLS Digital Libraries Wiki
. OverDrive Terms and Conditions
AudioBook Classroom turns every school computer into an instant reading, listening and learning station. This simple solution for digital audiobook delivery works on your local network. Any computer connected to your network can be used to access a collection of curriculum-based and recreational audiobook titles. Students can select from 1,001 audiobook titles, listen to them on a computer, or transfer titles to their personal MP3 players like the iPod. Plus, MCLS libraries get a 5% discount!
The largest collection
On every school computer
For every student
- Server-based technology allows access to audiobooks through the school network
- Compatible with PC, iPod, and other players (Mac version coming soon)
- Audiobooks have many advantages for all kinds of readers
- By working on computers and iPod, you can motivate your students to read more!
For more information and order forms visit www.overdrive.com/abc